In a prior post, When a Volunteer is Cruel to Staff, I discussed the most difficult of volunteers. When staff encounters harsh criticism and feels disrespected it leads to emotions such as anger and frustration. This raises the question: How does one respond when emotionally triggered? One can learn to speak skillfully when confronted by such as person. Here are two approaches to use in such a situation:
- When a Volunteer is Cruel to Staff: My Encounter with Mr. Cruel & Critical
- Dealing with Volunteers...It's a Tough Business!
- Finding the Confidence to Deal with Volunteers
- The Case of the Members Who Griped but Just Wanted to Help
- Get In Sync with Your Volunteers
Need help building a productive partnership with your volunteers or chapters? Give me a call!